Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bits and Pieces of the Weekend

Welcome to my new followers.  Thanks for your interest.

This weekend has been spent catching up on several projects.

I am participating in a year-long swap with the scratchingpost yahoo group.  Each month 50 of us send out cupcakes to those having a birthday during the current month.  The picture below shows cupcakes that I sent out for the April birthday girls.


We are also doing a "Cuppa Joe" swap.  I have received about 10-12 cups, but have not taken a picture of them.  Sometimes in the next month I will get them out and share them with you.

I have also finished the next block in the AccuquiltGO! quilt-along.  Block 4 is tumblers.  We made six sets of three tumblers sewn together, and a long strip of tumblers.  These blocks were made using our light
 and darks neutrals.  My dark neutral has an obvious directional print.  I cut two of the tumblers out in the wrong direction.  Since I used up all of my originally chosen dark, I had to pick out another design to complete the blocks.  I found the perfect color in my stash - Handspray by RJR Fabrics.  If any additional dark neutrals are used in the quilt-a-long, this is the fabric I will be using.  I think it blends in quiet well.  What do you think?

The "Just Needles" group of Pascagoula is making a couple of quilts.  The focus fabric chosen is the floral fabric seen in the picture below.  Isn't it beautiful!!  I chose to combine it with the green and purple fabric shown.  I loved how the "Lovers Knot" block turned out in this color combination.  Click on the picture to get a better view of the fabrics.



I had made this pattern earlier this month for a secret project that I cannot share at this time.  I just loved the pattern, so I made it again with this color combination.  The picture does not do the colors justice.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I DO love that Lover's Knot!! Looks like you have been a busy lady. How do you find the time for all that??

    ReplyDelete