Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Friends in the Neighborhood

It seems that I have a few new neighbors.  A stray cat, very skinny and very hungry came to visit me about two weeks ago.  Being the softy that I am, I put cat food out.  Well, two days later I found out why she was so skinny.  She brought three of her offspring with her.  The kittens are so cute.  It is hard to get a picture of them because they are so scared.  I cannot stand to see animals suffer.  In just two weeks, with a couple of meals a day, all have gained weight and look much better.  The mama cat appears to have been some one's pet.  She will let me get close, but will not let me pet her.  When I get up in the mornings she is lying on my steps, waiting to be fed.  It is had to get a picture, but there are one that looks like the mama, and two black, grey and white one.



All four are in the last photo, but its not a clear picture.  I hope to get close enough to get them so I can get them to a vet, and find homes for them.  I already have two house cats, so I cannot bring another one inside.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Sandra! We are kindred spirits. I swear every stray animal within miles finds their way to my door! What a big softie you are!!

    ReplyDelete