Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend Get-Away

This month marked a milestone birthday for me.  To celebrate I went on a long weekend get-away to New Mexico, Las Cruses to be exact.  I had a wonderful visit with family and friends of family. 

We visited the Salsa Festival, went shopping for jewelry, ate great Mexican food, spent time with friends, and visited Carlsbad Caverns.  I had always wanted to go there, so we went.  The following is some pictures of my great weekend.  And...oh yes, I visited a Quilt Shop.  More on that in another post. 

Below are some pictures showing some of the things we did.

 Great Mexican Food
 Geri, me, Sharon after the meal
 One of our side trips
 Entrance to Carlsbad Caverns
 A view from the seats used to see the bats come out in the evenings
This is one of the domes.  So beautiful.  I could go back again and again because it is that beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to Carlsbad in years. I need to make a trip down there again some time! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete