Friday, November 9, 2012

Houston 2012

Three of us set out at 4 am on Thursday, November 1, for Houston and the International Quilt Show.  We stopped for breakfast somewhere close to Breaux Bridge LA.  The next stop was at the Texas Welcome Station.




We made it to Houston sometimes around 2:00 PM.  We checked in and immediately went over to the Quilt Show to check in and get our badges.  We came back to the hotel and got dressed for the Quiltapaloza.  We had a great time - the best of which Jeanette won Judge's Choice for her fascinator.  With that she won a Sizzix machine and lots of other goodies.  I tried to take pictures of her runway walk, but there was not enough light.




Friday and Saturday we spent most of time perusing the vendors.  There were many, many of them.  We all found things we could not live without.  We also saw a shirt that we just loved.
"Mess with my fabrics and I will rip your threads out!"
I meet Alex Alexander and Pat Sloan. Did not get a picture with Pat. Both of them were very nice and friendly.
 
 

We also spent time looking at the quilts.  I took pictures of some of my favorites.  There were many that we could not photograph.
Photo op at the Quilt Festival theme quilt.



I will have a separate post on the quilts that I have pictures of.


Sandra







 

1 comment:

  1. Haha...you know I love the pic of you ladies all decked out!

    ReplyDelete