Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Today is my son's 30th birthday.  Wow does that make me feel ancient.  I was an old mother when he was born the day after thanksgiving.  It seems unreal that 30 years ago he came into the world with me saying to the Doctor "I am not having the baby today."  I had  been promised that I could be awake at his birth, but someone came in to the emergency room that required their best anatheogoist and I got bumped.  It was a high risk birth and they would not let me be awake without the best they had.  Well, I did have that baby that day.  He was born at 7:00 am. 

This weekend has been productive sewing wise.  I completed the 25 snowglobes to exchange at the Guild's Christmas party Thursday night.  I also finished the block for the outgoing President.  She wanted baskets and I had to almost invent a pattern, but it turned out ok.  I have to make one pillowcase to bring also and I will be ready.  I have already wrapped the Christmas Gift for exchange. 

It's back to work tomorrow.  I will be on vacation at least two weeks in December.  Meanwhile I will be working on Christmas gifts for friends and family.

When I learn how to post pictures on the blog I will share some of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment