Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ugly Fabric Challenge

I spent most of my day working on a project for an "Ugly Fabric Challenge" being lead by one of my quilting buddies - Ms Rennie.  Each participant is taking the so-called ugly fabric and using it to make anything we want as long as we use all the fabric that was sent to us.  This is what the fabric looks like.
I don't think the fabric is that ugly.  It has several colors that I have incorporated into my project.  Can't show you anything yet.  We have until June 15 to send a picture of the completed project; then all the participants will vote on their favorite.  The winner will receive a bundle of fat quarters.  The hardest part is deciding what to make and then to make it using the fat eight of fabric.  Of course, in the middle of sewing today, I have to drive to Janet's Quilting Bee and get more of one of the colors I was using.  I was short the equivalent of 9 square inches!!  Tomorrow I will sandwich the layers and attempt to quilt the little sucker!!
Check out Rennie's comments on the challenge and see a larger piece of the fabric over on A Quilt Complex.  She was a block tester for Quiltmaker's 100 Block Volume 3 edition.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, that fabric is not ugly! I think the challenge is not that it is an "ugly" fabric, but that you only have a small bit to work with! Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your block!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete