Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Waiting for Isaac

This is late afternoon on Tuesday, August 28.  It has rained off and on all day, but nothing serious.  The canal, one block over, is flooded and I will have to watch that through the night.  I have tried to stay busy.  I started quilts for my twin great nephew and niece, Owen and Paige, two year ago this coming November.  I had completed one of the about a year ago, so I pulled out the material for the second one today and put it together.

The picture below shows the one I completed today, the second photo shows the top I finished some time ago.  I think I will have to add a six inch border on the right and left sides, but other than that they are ready to be quilted.  It would be nice to get these quilted and in the mail to them before their second birthday.




I also pulled out my 12 BQA blocks and grouped them to see how well they play together.  Next week is the last block, then we will be putting it together.  I think we will be connecting blocks on-point.  I have never tried that so I am looking forward to learning how to do this.


The wind has gusted up to 30-40 mph, according to the weather channel.  We still have electricity, but things could get worse as the night progresses.

Until next time..........

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment