Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Batik Life Savers Block Swap

Its been a while since I have blogged, but I have been very busy.  I have been working on the Easy Street Mystery in between making the blocks for the Life Savers Block Swap.  I am very close to finishing Easy Street, but the swap blocks are due this Saturday.

I have made over 30 of these blocks, but am only sending 20 for the swap.

This is not the best of pictures, but I think you can see what I have been sewing. 

These look easy, but for some reason it is very difficult to get them to sew up to the correct size.  I cut very carefully and rechecked the cut; sewed each step and squared up to size; checked the seam allowance; and then measured the final block.  I cannot figure out why, but in spite of all these measures they seldom came up to a square 8.5 x 8.5. 

I can make the squares that I kept work so I will be able to use all of the blocks.

Until next time......


1 comment:

  1. Oh, love those blocks but sorry they are giving you a run for your money. I just hate when something I am working on just won't end up correctly no matter what I try...especially if they are swap blocks!! Hope you got it figured out!!