Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Street - Part 7 Completed




Part 7 of The Easy Street Mystery has been completed.  I sewed late into the night and got up this morning and continued to work on this step until it was finished. 

I placed the four corner blocks and the twelve side blocks on the floor to get a feel for how it is going to look.  I love this quilt. 


 Now I have to get busy and fill in the center with the blocks from Part 8.  There are 16 Block A's and 9 Block B's to piece together, then these blocks will be combined to fill in the center.  This quilt has its blocks set on point.


On another note -- When I went outside to get in the car to go to work this morning I happened to look in the next door backyard (house is vacant) and what did I see but my morning glories blooming.  They had sent out runners in the grass and these vines had three flowers blooming their little hearts out.  What is amazing is that we have had temperatures as low as the high 20s and lots of days/nights in the 40s.  I was surprised that they had survived and even more surprised to see them blooming.



Their color is beautiful.

Hope all of you find time to do a little sewing this weekend.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment