Sunday, October 23, 2011

Catcing Up

This has been a very busy month for me.  I will catch up by starting with today and work backwards.

Today I made four pillowcases for two of my grandkids and two of their friends.  My third grandchild is only 5 months old - she will get a pillowcase next year!



Saturday morning I walked the 5K "Stride for Breast Cancer" in Biloxi.  This picture was taken after the race, looking down from a parking garage.  This was only a very small number of hundreds of participants.  It was a beautiful sea of pink as we walked to support those with the disease and to honor those who fought a good fight, but did not conquer it.

Friday night I made the block, seen below, for the block swap for the upcoming Cobble Court Quilts Retreat II.  The retreat is scheduled for Oct 28 -30 in CT.  I will have lots of fun pictures to share with you after the retreat.  I am looking forward to seeing the friends that I made at last year's retreat and making new ones this year.

Last week I traveled to New York to spend a few days with my friend, April, who lives on Long Island.  We spent one day in New York City where we visited the Statue of Liberty and road the Staten Island Ferry.  The visit to the Statue of Liberty was fantastic.  This is a picture of the original torch.



We also visited the Vanderbilt's mansion, Eagle's Nest.



This was the view from the back of the mansion.

Interesting designs in rock leading to the mansion.

I have many more pictures of New York, but will not bore you with them at this time.

Thursday I travel to the retreat, so the rest of the week (at night) will be spent cutting out projects to work on, sewing on the blocks for the Black and Bright Swap, and packing for the trip.

Until later..............

Sandra




1 comment: