Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Seattle

Seattle is the site of this week's business trip.  The molluscan shellfish meeting takes up most of the day, but I was able to get a couple of hours free to see some of the sights near the hotel.  I walked down to the Seattle Fish Market or Fresh Market this afternoon.  Thought I would share some of the pictures of the sites with you.


Sign on building.


Entrance to Market.  Notice the flower growing above the entrance.


Fresh fish and other seafood.  Beautiful and so fresh.

Beautiful bouquets of flowers.  Most were $5 or $10.  If I lived here I would have fresh flowers in my home every week.

The floor was comprised of tiles that had names of various people that, I presume, had purchased the tiles.

.
Gorgeous peppers.


Beautiful fruits and vegetables.  Very reasonable prices.

View of Puget Sound from the west side of the market.

And, lastly, a hugh statue outside of the Sheraton Hotel.  Wow! is all I could say!!


I travel home on Saturday.  I have much to do in the way of sewing to get ready for a Quilt Retreat with my Cobble Court Quilters Group. 

Until next time...................

Sandra










No comments:

Post a Comment