Friday, March 2, 2012

February Continued

In addition to attending the Texas Retreat I also attended my first Mississippi Quilting Association Gathering.  The Spring Gathering was in Brookhaven MS - my hometown.  In addition to attending the meeting I also got to have a family reunion with all of my brothers.  More about that later.

The MQA's Spring Gathering was held on the Copiah-Lincoln Community College Campus.  Just the location was reminiscent for me.  I attended my first two years of college there and also returned for 10 or so years as a science instructor -- lots of good memories.


The Brookhaven Piecemakers sponsored this gathering - what an outstanding job.  There were many door prizes, beautiful quilts on display, show-n-tell, demonstrations on various quilting techniques and a lecture on the famous "Dear Jane" Quilt.  Several of the ladies displayed their progress on this quilt.

Dear Jane in progress

 Needle Turned Applique Rooster Quilt

 Raw Edge Applique - I heard that this lady spent over 5 years on this quilt.


Grandmother's Flower Garden - 1 inch hexagons, circa late 1800s.


The tables had various themes.  I though this was beautiful.  They gave all of decorations away at the end of the meeting.

Three Sandstitchers Quilt Guild Members were in attendance.

A good time was had by all.

- Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment