Sunday, September 16, 2012

Countdown to Cobble Court Quilt Retreat III

Time is getting closer for me to catch a plane to Hartford CT and drive down to Litchfield CT for a three day quilting retreat with a few of my friends. 

I have been busy this weekend preparing several projects that I will be taking with me.  We always bring pillow cases for Kathy to donate to a local woman's shelter.  We exchange fabric in some format that we are to bring back as a finished project (yeah, right).  Our exchange this year will be five inch charm squares.  We are to bring two sets of two different Christmas fabrics.

I have finished my pillowcases. Two of those below will be donated locally through the Pascagoula Just Needles Quilt Guild.


We will also have a block lottery again this year.  The pattern is a nine inch Maple Leaf with a light blue background.  These are my blocks.  I hope I win!!

 
In addition to the preparations for the retreat, I joined in on the Brown and Pink Swap at the Threads of Friendship Yahoo Group.  These blocks are also nine inch blocks.  I have completed the required number and plan to get them in the mail this week so I can mark that off of my list.
 

Brown and Pink with Predominate Pink

Brown and Pink with Predominate Brown
Putting the blocks together, made from the strip exchange at last year's retreat, still needs to be completed.  I will post  a picture of the top when I complete it.

Quilt Retreat projects include sewing on a baby quilt, so I have to get that cut out soon.

Have a wonderful week.

Sandra








 

No comments:

Post a Comment