Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Presents Finale and a Great Recipe

I have been diligently working on a Christmas present for two young ladies that work with me.  They are rather new on the job, but they have turned out to be the best data entry personnel that we have had in a long time.  I wanted to make something special for them so I decided I would make a Christmas Wreath that I saw being made by Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Company in a YouTube video. The link to this tutorial is found here. The pattern uses the "twister tool"  I have had this tool for about two years, but had never used it. 


I chose the fabric, followed the direction in the tutorial, and set about to make two of these.  This is the final product.  I just loved both of them.  It was hard to give away so I cut out another one for myself. 


I quilted it with my "Christmas Present to Myself" Baby Lock Sashiko machine.  This machine is the only one of its kind in the sewing machine world.  Its stitches look like hand sewing.  If you are interested in more details, check it out here.


These wreaths were my second project using this machine - I just love it!!

Now for the Recipe...............

Back in February I attended a quilting retreat in Brownswood TX.  Everyone brought their favorite snacks, but one particular snack was the hit of the week.  It was Amy's Carmel Puff Corn.  Amy was one of the girls from San Angelo.  We all asked for the receipt.  Judy L was kind enough to put the recipe on her blog.  I am passing it on to you - it is one of the best snacks I have ever eaten!!  If you need a quick snack that is delicious, this is the one to try.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amy's Carmel Puff Corn

3 bags of Puff Corn (3.5 oz size)

Open bags and pour into large roasting pan.

2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo

Place these three ingredients in pan and cook until boiling.  Boil for one minute.

Add 1 teaspoon soda and stir. (Be careful, mixture will swell up.)

Pour over corn puffs and stir.

Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Remove and let cool.  Place in a sealed container (if it lasts that long).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have never seen Puff Corn in your grocery store, this is what you are looking for:

Cheetos also makes puff corn.

Hope you enjoy this recipe.

Sandra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment