Thursday, September 15, 2011

Celebrate Christmas - Block 1

Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along and Super Deals for Quilters

The Christmas Quilt-Along that I mentioned in an earlier post has started.  For the next 12 weeks, 36 designers will create blocks for the the Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along.  Three blocks a week will be featured on the Quilting Gallery site.  There will be great deals for quilters each time a block is introduced.  Click on the icon to the right on this blog and check out the fun. 
My first block, created by Pat Sloan, was made with batik snowflake print and a WOW fabric.  The batik is one of my most favorite and I felt "pain" when I cut into it, but the block did the fabric justice so I have recovered from the shock. ha!  Does anyone else have fabric that they love so much that they just do not want to cut on it or am I the only one that feels this way? 


Two other blocks have been published on the site.  They are:
Block 2 - "Santa's Mittens" - Jennifer Rodriquez
Block 3 - "This Little Light of Mine" - Melissa Stramel

I am thinking of making the mittens with the fabric shown below.


Until next time, happy quilting........................
Sandra


1 comment: